Author Topic: Icebound Concept  (Read 8204 times)

Vance

• Young Adult
    • View Profile
Re: Icebound Concept
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 06:23:48 AM »
When I collected everything, I noticed that many, many things were contradictory, partially-considered, and what have you. A lot of this material just wasn't done.  I tried to rectify that in the past couple of version updates, and hoped that it would at least be referenced on these threads.

Sadly, that didn't happen.

Another version of the guide is coming either today or tommorow (depending if there's enough 'new' in it to warrant a version update). It's going to focus on an update to the background, and it's running with the concept already started.

At that point, the 'concept story' will be set in stone. I'm not going to revisit it. These basic issues have been discussed for nearly two years now and have gotten nowhere. The way that I see it we've got two choices.

1) Take the 'canon' that's the most developed, from the people willing to put the effort into it, and start moving forward in earnest.

2) Quit.

Personally, I am already doing the first one.

Giomanach

• Artist
  • Young Adult
  • Skilled in the reflex/deflex ranged weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 06:41:23 AM »
Thanks Vance. I truely hope this will releave some of the argumental tension that has started to build up here and the ideas start flowing again. In general I hope we can work these threads with the information we do have set in stone and we can "argue" the other points as they arise. But first I'd say, irrelavent to normal building processes, we need to round off the ideas for each thread with the information we already have so that we have starting points for each thread. Equipment started well and has drifted off course. Let's get all the threads back on course.

africanmangoscams

• Wyrmling
    • View Profile
    • African Mango
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 03:21:30 PM »
Maybe a large meteor impact the planet knocking it out of it's usual orbit and pushing it further away from the sun