Author Topic: ARTISTS wanted!  (Read 5458 times)

Carnifex

• Graphics Director
  • Staff
  • Adult
    • View Profile
    • http://www.megatongames.com
ARTISTS wanted!
« on: October 07, 2008, 12:28:54 PM »
[UPDATE: Kayla is now responsible for art orders]

Phoenix Lore is always looking for talented artists. We need artists that can make great art for our articles and adventures.

If you're interested please reply to this message or send me a message. You don't have to be published but if you have a portfolio we'd be happy to see it.

(We are also looking for art for the front page. We will try to get art for the front page that is connected to the theme of the issue but first and foremost we want professional looking art.)

We can offer you a great opportunity to get an audience and fame - but at the moment we are unable to pay for the art (the magazine is a volunteer staff only).

//Claes Sillberg
Graphics director and layout artist for Phoenix Lore
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 07:24:55 PM by Carnifex »

Aeolius

• Aqua boy
  • Artist
  • Young Adult
    • View Profile
Re: ARTISTS wanted!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 01:21:50 PM »
   You might try recruiting at artists' sites like Renderosity ( http://www.renderosity.com/ )  or Elfwood ( http://www.elfwood.com/ )

Ascendant

• Artist
  • Young Adult
    • View Profile
    • A Private Sermon
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 01:19:46 PM »
I'm practicing my digital art. The image below is a reduced size gif of the image I'm working on currently. It's not done yet, but you can clearly see where it's headed. It's from scratch (no pencil outline to follow) It's going to be a 2 inch portion of an 8 x 11 collage of images. It's slower going because I'm using a mouse instead of a WACOM.

So if you need some art, I'll be glad to do one painted image for the next issue if you want one from me. Until I get quicker at it, I can't promise more than one. I'm on the mailing list if you need my email.

Green Bean

• Mature Adult
  • Fear The Bean!
    • View Profile
    • Steam Account
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 06:16:18 PM »
OK. My sis and her friend were looking at this post and were wondering ifthere wasan age requirement?

Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 06:25:16 PM »
OK. My sis and her friend were looking at this post and were wondering ifthere wasan age requirement?

We don't really have an age requirement.  As long as it's ok with their parents.

Green Bean

• Mature Adult
  • Fear The Bean!
    • View Profile
    • Steam Account
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 06:27:16 PM »
Thanks for the information. i will make sure that they know

psycho_siax

• Adult
  • Ode to Computer Problems
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 07:06:13 PM »
There are a few kids at my school interested they are in contact with penny though

Penny_Williams

• President
  • Staff
  • Adult
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 10:32:21 PM »
Tell them to post here or to write to me at manager@phoenixlore.com. I don't have a reliable way to contact them outside of game club meetings, which are too infrequent to make art commissioning work.

Penny

jadewik

• Wyrmling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 03:35:44 PM »
Is there a list of artwork that is needed for the 3rd or 4th issue of Phoenix Lore Mag.?

I wouldn't mind picking up an art request or two, but rather than be "assigned" art, I would prefer picking from a list of needed artwork as I have time to draw... not sure how that type of arrangement would apply to a magazine setting because you'd need art by a specific date-- so I'm not sure I'd be a good choice... but I do draw for free and I'm not completely horrible, so that's something to consider.

Hawapance

• Very young
  • http://services.my-addr.com/online-bulk-email-verification-validator.php - bulk emails verification
    • View Profile
ARTISTS wanted
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 04:44:07 PM »
So, this is, like, bushido for Artists, right?

Hah, but no, seriously speaking, it looks pretty interesting Ill have to look up a copy of that.

?AOD

Aeolius

• Aqua boy
  • Artist
  • Young Adult
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 05:33:11 PM »
Since we're sharing, here's the first image I did with Bryce 7. Something of this nature would have crashed Bryce 6.