Author Topic: Writing?  (Read 3807 times)

teflon_jeff

• Wyrmling
    • View Profile
Writing?
« on: May 15, 2008, 01:29:22 PM »
So, if I wanted to volunteer as a writer, what would I need to do?

Would i submit a proposal of topic, or would there be an assignation of work?

Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
Re: Writing?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 01:39:11 PM »
So, if I wanted to volunteer as a writer, what would I need to do?

Would i submit a proposal of topic, or would there be an assignation of work?

We sometimes have something specific that needs covered (even then usually just guidelines to fit within the theme for that particular issue)  but generally you are free to write about what you want to.  No guarantees on acceptance of any particular article though.

teflon_jeff

• Wyrmling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 02:05:35 PM »
All right, cool.

So, what would be good to write about? I'd hate to write something, only to find out it's not even close to pertinent.

I guess, what would be the "vision" of the magazine. There's a nice blurb abot developing new talent, but what is the theme of the magazine? Any games? lost games? RPG? Minis? CCG's?

Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 02:11:23 PM »
All right, cool.

So, what would be good to write about? I'd hate to write something, only to find out it's not even close to pertinent.

I guess, what would be the "vision" of the magazine. There's a nice blurb abot developing new talent, but what is the theme of the magazine? Any games? lost games? RPG? Minis? CCG's?

It would be easiest on you to pick something that you enjoy and know something about rather then trying to pick something just to be acceptable.  Content for the magazine is gaming related but isn't limited to a particular game or type.  RPG's, CCG's, Mini's all typicaly have coverage.  As for theme that can vary from issue to issue.  Water and rebirth for issue #1.

Penny_Williams

• President
  • Staff
  • Adult
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 06:21:21 PM »
You are welcome to submit an article on any gaming-related topic you like. We cover D&D and all the other WotC products, and are talking with other game companies about permission to cover their games as well. The theme for issue #2 is urban. If you'd like to run an idea past us prior to writing it up, feel free to write to submissions@phoenixlore.com. You can also send completed articles there.

Penny Williams

Phoenix

• Administrator
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 06:28:42 PM »
Or if you prefer you can also post about them here on the forums to get more feedback.

Ascendant

• Artist
  • Young Adult
    • View Profile
    • A Private Sermon
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 12:57:19 AM »
You are welcome to submit an article on any gaming-related topic you like. We cover D&D and all the other WotC products, and are talking with other game companies about permission to cover their games as well. The theme for issue #2 is urban. If you'd like to run an idea past us prior to writing it up, feel free to write to submissions@phoenixlore.com. You can also send completed articles there.

Penny Williams
Does this include Star Wars? Did you all finally get special dispensation from WOTC?

Ratt

• Juvenile
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 05:32:12 PM »
Hey Teff! I'm Dalamar from Maxminis.  If you are interested, I think it would be cool to start a writing type team, and start some type of series.  I think working as a team we could make a much better story series or just a bunch of cool short stories.  If you are interested, let me know.
Thanks